Monday, September 21, 2009

O Happy Day :)

As most of you know, our family lives in the parsonage next to the church where Larry is the pastor. I love our home and have spent the past year making it ours. I asked the deacons if it would be alright to take down the wallpaper so that I could paint our kitchen. This past week Mr. Gene (a church member) came over and spent two day transforming our kitchen. He painted it while I was in Charlotte. I am so thrilled with the update. :)
If you have never taken down wall paper, I'll let you know. It's a tedious task. Actually the wall paper came down easily. It was the glue left behind that was the problem.
For the bargain hunters. I recently purchased a beautiful chandelier at a lighting store that was going out of business. It was originally priced at$592. I paid $72 :) Gotta love a bargain :)
Before shot of the wallpaper and border
Another before shot

The messy process of taking down the wall paper


My new chandelier in my "lantern light" yellow kitchen.
Please ignore the mess on the table. I was trying to do this post :)

An up close of the color









No comments: