Friday, July 1, 2011

20 days to go!

It's hard to believe in less than 3 weeks we will welcome our new son to the family. There are so many things running through my mind right now, things I want to do, things I need to get done before he arrives, plans I need to make for the other children.... so much in the mess I call my mind. Most days, I seem to get some things accomplished, but never as much as I hope too.

 Larry came home yesterday trying to figure out why I was defrosting the deep freezer, and planning on cooking a turkey. He was afraid the freezer was broken. Nope, I just thought it needed to be done and how was I ever going to be able to do that with a newborn??!! Pregnancy brain is not the most logical thing :) Turkey in July.... But that's what I want! And sweet potato casserole :)

People keep asking how I'm feeling. "HOT! Very HOT!" Is my response. I continue to struggle with being sick. After 36 weeks of it, it just becomes part of pregnancy that I have adjusted to. I've gained some weight, which I am excited about, those were hard fought for pounds. The challenging thing now is keeping up with Eden and Josiah, especially during these hot days. I feel bad when Eden ask to go outside to ride her bike, but with temperatures around 95, Momma can't handle the heat. So we've tried to have our outside time early in the morning and late in the evening. I waddle just as fast as I can after them. 

One of the best things is that Eden seems to enjoy the idea of having a new baby. She prays for him each night and talks about all the helpful things she can do as a big sister once he arrives. Josiah doesn't seem to understand it, though he has started to rub my belly and say "Baby." But he's watched Eden do that, so he might just be mimicking her.

So we're all in the wait and see what's going to happen, and we will have a mini thanksgiving while we wait :)


3 comments:

YaYa & PawPaw said...

To our "Beautiful Princess", and little one - You are so precious to us - Can't wait to see all of you... And "Thanksgiving" can happen anytime you want!!! We Love yiou.

In Everything said...

yes it IS amazing that you have 20 days;) And while the days are hot and exhausting, I know they will fly by.

And the preggo mind is funny... but the freezer does need to be cleaned out from time to time;) Why not have turkey in June??

BTW... I really like that dress:) You were radiating at the tea Party:)

Steven and Candi Manning said...

You look so beautiful Angela! Praying you survive these last few weeks in as best comfort as you can. We're getting settled this weekend, maybe we can get together before the baby comes. I'll be in touch!