Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day at New Covenant Christian Academy

Today we enjoyed our first day of home school. Our homeschooling adventure has finally begun!

Last night, I was sharing with Larry how excited I was that we were about to embark on this new season in life. I  realized that today would be be the first day of what will take at least 17 year to complete. The task at hand began to overwhelm me. Besides becoming a Christian, The only time I've committed myself to something this big was marring Larry. Those were the best decisions I've ever made! I have a feeling homeschooling our children will be as well.

As I was thinking about the next 17 years, with a grin on his face and a twinkle in his eyes, Larry said, "Gee you'll be in your early 50's by then!" Wow, way to make it real honey!

We laughed and acknowledged how important this decision is to our family. We've decided to sacrifice a lot in order for me to stay at home and educate our children. A few weeks ago, I pulled out all the resources I have been accumulating over the past year in anticipation of homeschooling. As I lined the shelves with books and craft supplies, I told Larry, this was our treasure. He knew what I trying to say and smiled.  

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Matthew 6:21

Our heart is for our children to grow up with a knowledge of God, I've spent a lot of time and our families resources on material for our children's education.We take their education very seriously and want the very best for each of them. In every aspect of what they learn, we desire for them to see it as a reflection of the God who created them. 

We started our school with a study on creation. We spent the day discussing God and what he made the first day he decided to make Himself known. I am excited for my children to grasp knowledge that I pray will ultimately be the foundation for their personal relationship with God. 








2 comments:

In Everything said...

I love your home schooling heart! We are there in the thick of it with you all!!

And the school "room" turned out awesome... what a way to use your space!! It's cool to see it all come together:)

Happy 1st "official" year:)

Michelle Perry said...

Looks great... I think I asked you this before but what kind of activities are you doing with Josiah at this point. My little girl is 3 1/2, and I'm just not sure how hard I should push her at this point.