Sunday, September 22, 2013

Ancient Egypt


The first three weeks of our history curriculum focused on Ancient Egypt. I've been able to find lots of hands on projects to help the kids enjoy learning about this time frame. 

 
I let the kids wrap up each other like mummies

 We built pyramids with mini marshmallows and toothpicks.
 
 Josiah ate as much as he built.
Savannah joined us

Eden thinking about how to construct her pyramid

I just love the look on Josiah's face. 
I wonder what he's thinking???

 Still building
 Still eating :)

Titus wakes up from his nap ( that would explain his hair)
  and decides pyramids look yummy.

Out of focus, but oh so cute!



We made a salt dough maps of Egypt that I let the kids paint.

They love anything to do with paint.
The toothpicks hold the place for the cities to be mapped.

Eden also completed a lapbook on Egypt.
I'm sure there will be a blog post on those in the future as well.


No comments: