Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday Update

Sorry no pictures today. I promise that I'll get some posted this week. Just wanted to let everyone know that the Gilbreaths are doing well. Mostly due to my mom being here and helping out. She rocks!!! Thanks Mom!


Josiah is a JOY! He is such a good baby. He does what all newborn do, sleeps, eats and poops. He peed on me for the first time last night. You know...., one of those 2am diaper changes that ends up taking 10 minutes and a clothes change for him and me. Boy, you really have to be fast with a little boy's diaper change. And he hates cold wipes!!! Josiah is sleeping well and we get 3-4 hours between feedings, so our nights are better than I thought they would be.


Eden is doing well with everything. She has been more interested in Josiah's stuff than him. Today, I think she realized that he was staying here. She spent more time looking at him and trying to touch him. She even gave him some of her toast this morning. Glad she's willing to share. Now we just have to teach her to be tender to her little brother. I think I've said "gentle touches" about 100 times today.



Larry is a great Daddy and loves having a son. He's funny learning the difference between Eden and Josiah.

I ended up with a spinal headache from the spinal they gave me during the C-section. Thankfully, it is going away on it's own with lots of rest and caffeine. I have to lay down when it gets real bad. It's weird how fast it goes away when I lay down. It's a slow healing process, but I'm doing great.

Thanks for checking in on us. I'll post some pictures soon.

3 comments:

In Everything said...

Glad you're starting feel some of the pain diminishing... I've been hearing updates from Andrea.. I just need to get your cell or house# :)

I had my mom after 2 of my deliveries... it was soo nice. They already know soo much about babies and about taking care of us:) LOL

Unknown said...

Glad things are going well! Sorry to hear about the headaches...I am scared about getting that!!
You need to get one of those Wipe Warmers...maybe that would help with Josiah and his cold hinny! My Mom got me some PEEPEE TEEPEE's so I might could avoid the accidently pee'ing!
Take care of yourself! We are thinking about yall!

Still nothing on Wyatt...he is going to hold out now!

xoxo~Erin

Betharoo said...

Glad to hear all is well! Josiah is beautiful! I love the red hair. Big hugs from the Peases!