Sunday, March 27, 2011

Growing up so fast!

There are times when I look at the kids and I think that they are growing up at super sonic speeds. This is a story about one of those times.


I've been cleaning out things and trying to make room for the new baby. Part of that cleaning  included repacking my wedding dress. I had it vacuumed sealed, but the seal had come undone. So I pulled it out to repack it. Eden saw it and was mesmerized! She loved it and wanted to put on the "princess dress." I'm keeping my dress in the hopes that one day she might want to wear it for her wedding. She could decide  that she wants one all of her very own. Either way, it’s been put away for her. So I thought about it for a minute, and made a decision that brought both of us great joy, I let her play dress-up in it.

Then I got all weepy as I thought of her 20 something years from now, getting married and having a family of her own. Yeah, all those pregnancy hormones kicked into overdrive! I saw her in my mind's eye all grown up and beautiful. She is such a wonderful, sweet and beautiful child. It was surreal to think of her as an adult. It was such a strange beautiful moment. I wanted to enjoy the thought of her grown up, but then quickly return to the present. Focusing on enjoying my little girl that God has blessed me with. Letting her play princess in Momma's wedding dress.

MOM!
Guess what?
  Enjoy me and this precious time.
 It will be time for me to walk down the aisle before you know it!  

No comments: