Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Nasty Bug :(

We have had our fair share of the stomach bug lately. Poor Josiah has had it 3 different times. It started when we were in Huntersville visiting my brother 3 weeks ago. He would get better, then a week later it would strike again. This past Friday he started to vomit and just couldn't stop. I don't think there can be a more helpless feeling as a parent than to just watch your child be so sick.  He quickly became dehydrated and we decided to take him to the ER so he could get some medication and IV fluids.

We are so thankful we had nice nurses and doctor. We didn't have to wait long to be seen. I was so proud of Josiah. As sick as he was, he still said yes ma'am and thank you. He also did great when he got his IV. He didn't fight it at all, which just goes to show you how sick he was. Larry and I both agreed that wouldn't have gone as smoothly if he had been up to his usual speed.

As the meds started to work, Josiah stopped getting sick and was able to rest. I had to leave to get the other children settled. When I returned, Josiah was asking his normal questions and was back to smiling. I knew he was doing better when he said he was hungry. The only thing I had in the diaper bag was Titus's puffs. Josiah didn't mind. In fact, he liked them. I am amazed at how quickly children can get sick, then recover. I know the meds and fluids had a lot to do with it. But Josiah just amazed me in this sistuation.

Sunday I started with the virus. It returned today. :( So we've had some down days. Lots of TV watching in our pj's, reading books and playing with puzzles. I have bleached, lysoled, steamed, vacuumed, sanitized, and cleaned every surface in our house! Not sure what else I can do to battle this nasty bug. I would like to ask that you please pray for Josiah and I to get well and stay well. And please pray that Larry, Eden and Titus do not get it. I'm ready for this bug to be gone!

No comments: