Thursday, December 18, 2008

Things that go bump in the night

Last night as usual I woke up to go potty around 4:30 am. I heard Eden on the monitor talking to herself, and playing in her crib and decided that she would go back to sleep ( she does this often). A few minutes later I heard a THUD! Then Eden started to Cry Hard. I knew before my feet hit the floor she had fallen out of her crib. In the few seconds it took to get to her room, I prayed she would be ok. I scooped her up and looked for blood, and comforted her. Larry came in and started to evaluate the situation, asking how she landed and took one limb at a time and checked her over. She was fine, in fact she wanted to get down and play. I'm sure she thought, "hey since we're all up lets play :)."

We turned her bed around to the back (which is 6-8 inches taller than the front) so it would be harder for her to get out. The short side is now against the wall. We talked over converting it to a toddler bed, but just don't think she's ready for that yet. We'll see how this works.

Afterwards, I was thanking Larry for his cool headed thinking though the situation. He does great job at being a Daddy. He thought I did great with comforting her and calming her. He took her at one point to check her over and she cried so hard for me to hold her. So he did the rest of checking her out on my lap. We both agreed that God knew what he was doing when he created marriage and families. I couldn't imagine raising Eden and Josiah without Larry. He is so good at being level headed and thinking through things. I'm the comforter and nurturer. We were made for these roles and Thank God for it. We laughed and prayed and went back to sleep.

No comments: