Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Out of the mouths of Babes

I've been encouraged by my friends' blogs to record some of the funny and/or interesting things my children say. Eden will of course have more of these in the near future, but Josiah is quickly picking up language skills. I am so surprised at all he can say. Eden had a language delay due to her hearing, so I wasn't expecting Josiah to speak so much this soon. He can parrot almost anything we say, and loves to say Hat, dog and mama :)

Now for today's funny, I have to share what Eden said while I was getting her up from nap. "Momma, look I'm crapping." You can imagine my shock, but trying not to give her a response. I calmly said, "Eden we don't use that word." She said, "yes we do momma, Look I'm crapping." and she began to jump up and down and clap her hands. Then the light bulb went off. I said, "CLAPPING, you're CLapping."

That's what I said" she responded. "Crapping." Trying hard not to laugh, "No CLAPPING, you're CLapping" and I made the "CL" sound three or four time. "I know Mommy," and she repeated crapping three times.

"Dancing Eden, you're dancing!" :)

No comments: