Friday, February 15, 2013

G is for Goat

As I mentioned in my last post, we have just finished a farming theme in our home school curriculum. I've been excited about these lessons because when we finish our school work our learning continues as we explore our community. We didn't have to look very far to find goats. Our sweet neighbors have all kinds of animals for the kids to enjoy: goats, chickens, miniature horses, peacocks and a sheep. So on an unusually warm January day, we headed over to explore and feed their animals.

I love this picture of the kids. 
See how Titus is trying to keep up with Eden and Josiah :)

We were greeted by what I called The 3 Billy Goats Gruff

My curious boys checking them out.

Feeding time. Teamwork!

Even Titus feed the animals.
 I was so impressed with how eager Titus was to have a turn in feeding the animals.
 He wasn't afraid at all. I'm not sure if I should be proud or worried :)

Josiah on his tip toes feeding the goats.





 We had a blast! The kids loved seeing, touching and feeding the animals. I love how we got to enjoy  a hands on learning projects. This is one of the great benefits of living in our community and choosing to home school.


No comments: