Wednesday, February 13, 2013

God Seems Closer at a House by the Beach

God Seems Closer at a House by the Beach.

That saying is sewn into a pillow on my Momma's couch, and she swears it's true. 
Often when we talk, she'll tell me how beautiful the sunrise was that morning. It seem to be one of her favorite times of day. 

Momma also has an added bonus to her sunrise, the view! My parents live on the end of a canal in the Panhandle of Florida. The area they live in is a beautiful combination of waterways and exotic marsh. Water surrounds the front their property and there is always neat wildlife to watch.  

Watching a sunrise is not a frequent occurrence in daily life. I try to squeeze out the last possible moment of sleep into each morning, so I miss most Sunrises. But on our past visit, I decided I would get up and enjoy some of what Momma seems so enamored with. I wasn't disappointed. 

 As the sun slowly crept up behind the marsh, small flecks of gold sliced through the dark. Night made room for rich blues and warm pinks, then those quickly gave way for a glorious golden ball to rise up and up. It was amazing how much the sky changed in just 15 minutes. Watching the darkness give way to light was a tiny taste of God's promise for the future.


Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning, great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him. Lamentations 3:22-25

As pretty as these photos are, they pale in comparison to the real colors and beauty that I witnessed that morning. This world pales in comparison of how great heaven will be too. But every sunrise is a reminder of our hope in the Lord, His never ending compassion and his great  faithfulness!






 The sunsets are not bad either :)





No comments: